Sunday, April 3, 2011

Showing Mercy

Why is it so hard sometimes to show mercy to people? This is one thing that i have to work on and am trying to work on. It's so hard for me sometimes to not judge people when they have done something that they shouldn't have like stealing something and selling it, being pregnant before marriage...etc.

Let me just say one thing though before i go on though. I am not codemning anyone for what was done because God forgives and he has wiped that slate clean and it is NOT my place to judge anyone for anything. I love you whoever you may be and i do not want to offend anyone, this is just something that i struggle with.

I don't know why it's so hard for me to show mercy to people when i know that they aren't doing the right thing or whatever it may be. For example, my cousin has done some things  that he had no right to do and being involved with some things that shouldn't be. I have a really hard time trying to love him even though he is doing things that he shouldn't be. I struggle with loving the person and hating the sin.

Sometimes it makes it hard for me to be real with that person and love them like my cousin. I need to learn how to be able to love them and hate the sin. I'm not really sure i know how to do that. The things that people do sometimes make me so mad and i just want to yell at them and tell them that what they are doing is wrong and they need to stop, but see, it doesn't work that way. I think that's part of the reason that each of us go through certain situations so that we can others who have gone through the same thing.

I am asking God that he would help me to learn to love the person and hate the sin, as well as deal with it. I need to learn to let go of the anger that i feel sometimes towards people and let God handle it. It's hard. I'm really trying to not judge and to be loving, especially to my extended family sometimes. It gets hard but i know that if i can just start seeing them through God's eyes it will be easier.

Jesus i ask that you help me to see people through your eyes and not mine, that i would love them tenderly and not judge them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment